September 24, 2010

Wife Woman Friend - Lady Lucy "Kiss of Fate" Katey Parker


Wife Woman Friend

I guess I should not be surprised that my beginning was his end
After all, we were just friends
Although in my world I was his girl
So in my mind I pretended to be his wife
Saying shit like, "there's only so many years in a woman's life"
Right, so I gave him three
Yet he had the audacity to step to me on this Donnell Jones "I don't
know where I wanna be" type shit
It wasn't supposed to be like this
He hit me with a forehead kiss
Told me life's a journey and he was ready to explore that shit
I was pissed, to me he was a hypocrite
Like a fake preacher in the pulpit
He left me sick
And no he didn't choose me and that doesn't make him right nor wrong
And just because he was the epitome of my life that doesn't make me
wrong nor right
Like I said I was his friend and not his wife
And I should've acted within that capacity
And then this breakup would've been "just one of them things"
And not a fucking tragedy
And all that time I spent mad at him
I should've been mad at me
After all I was the one that gave him the key to my house
Let him hang clothes in my closet just in case we go out
Washing all his dirty clothes to make a "full load"
And let him finish all the leftovers just so the food don't go old
For the times that we raw-dogged just 'cause he lost all the rubbers
And though I showed him more support than his father, brother, sister,
and mother
And just 'cause those same people dial my number when they want to stay
in touch
And he receives mail here 'cause he be here so much
Got total control of the remote control to the TV, DVD, and radio
And even though his name is not on my lease got shit in my house that is
off limits to me
Like his side of my bed
And his stash of weed
But none of this obligates him to me
Because not once did we exchange vows
And If I knew then what I know now
I probably would've listened
When he said it was some shit that he needed to get up out his system
But I was too busy bitchin' jumpin' bad like I was gonna hit him
And in the back of my mind all I could fathom was how much I was gonna
miss him
And just because I'm cryin' don't mean I'm the victim
It's just that I was too scared to let him go 'cause some other chick
might get him
And that was my fault, it was my decision
I should've never put my heart in my mind's position
But I couldn't shake him he was like a bad habit
And all this for a nigga that was just average, doing average nigga
shit
Like talking out the side of his neck and thinking with his dick
But I must admit he's the one I wanted to commit to
Either I wasn't living up to my potential or I was just the average
chick
But I choose to believe that I was a woman caught up in a feeling
Both physical and emotion
Who was way too willing to give her all to a man
And though it may sound stupid I would do it all again
Just next time for my husband and not that nigga I call my friend